Vesak, also known as Buddha Jayanti, Buddha Purnima and Buddha Day, is a holiday traditionally observed by Buddhists and some Hindus on different days in India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Tibet, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Mongolia, and in China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Vietnam as "Buddha's Birthday" as well as in other parts of the world. The festival commemorates the birth, enlightenment (Buddhahood), and death (Parinirvāna) of Gautama Buddha in the Theravada or southern tradition.
- Date: May 07 2020
- Also Called: Vesak, Vesākha, Buddha Purnima, Buddha Jayanti, Vaisakha, Vaishakhi Purnima,Buddha's Birthday, Buddha Day
- Significance: The birth, enlightenment and death (parinirvana) of Gautama Buddha
- Type: Religious holiday, Religious celebration
- Celebrations: Meditation, observing the Eight Precepts, partaking of vegetarian food, giving to charity,
- Observed By: Buddhists and some Hindus in South and Southeast Asia and in East Asia (as Buddha's Birthday)
- Religious Type: Buddhism